We are pleased to announce that UW Medicine is now scheduling COVID-19 vaccine appointments for employees eligible under Phase 1B tiers 3 and 4 of the Washington State Department of Health (DOH) guidelines.
Those newly eligible to receive the vaccine include:
- People 16 years or older with two or more comorbidities or underlying conditions, as defined by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
- All people 60 years and older.
- People, staff and volunteers in certain congregate living settings, including correctional facilities, group homes for people with disabilities and settings where people experiencing homelessness live or access services.
- High-risk critical workers in certain congregate settings such as restaurants, food services, construction and manufacturing.
Those eligible under the previous Phase 1A and Phase 1B tiers 1 and 2 also remain eligible to receive the vaccine. Visit the Washington DOH prioritization guidance site for more information on all vaccine phases to date.
- UW Medicine employees should schedule or decline your COVID-19 vaccination here if you meet the criteria for Phase 1A or any of the four tiers of Phase 1B. We recommend you use this process even if you also are a patient of UW Medicine.
- UW employees, students or contractors who are eligible for the vaccine may proceed with scheduling an appointment by calling 844.520.8700. More information is available at uwmedicine.org/coronavirus/vaccine.
The opening of Phase 1B tiers 3 and 4 significantly expands the number of people eligible to receive the vaccine in our community. We anticipate high demand and potentially long wait times as we enter this phase, but rest assured we will make every effort to schedule all who are eligible in a timely, equitable manner based on appointment availability and vaccine supply.
While you wait to receive the COVID-19 vaccine, please continue to follow the health and safety guidelines of masking and physical distancing. More information can be found in the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) on the UW Medicine Huddle site.
Thank you for your patience and cooperation. Please stay safe.
President, UW Medicine Hospitals & Clinics
Vice President for Medical Affairs
University of Washington
Timothy H. Dellit, MD
Chief Medical Officer, UW Medicine
Vice President for Medical Affairs,
University of Washington and
President, UW Physicians