Skip to main content

To better align our security and safety programs across UW Medicine, we are pleased to announce that beginning July 1, Alieu Ann will be assuming a new system role as Chief Security Officer for UW Medicine. In this new role, he will be spending 80% of his time focused on system duties, with the remaining 20% of his FTE focused on Harborview Medical Center specific responsibilities.

In Alieu’s new role as Chief Security Officer he will oversee the work of the Harborview, UW Medical Center, UW Medicine Primary Care and UW School of Medicine South Lake Union security programs and personnel. Alieu will be responsible for developing a system-wide security strategic plan while coordinating with Valley Medical Center’s security leadership to lead the development and implementation of an integrated security program across UW Medicine. As the Chief Security Officer, Alieu will report to Sommer Kleweno Walley, Harborview Chief Executive Officer and will have dotted line reporting structure to executive leadership at UW Medical Center, UW Medicine Primary Care and School of Medicine South Lake Union.

Alieu has a 10-year history with Harborview working as Director of Security Services, and most recently as Assistant Administrator. Alieu has over 20 years of experience working in the areas of security, executive protection, and intelligence in both public and private sectors.

Please join me in congratulating Alieu on his very exciting new role.

Lisa Brandenburg
President, UW Medicine Hospitals & Clinics