For the past three years, I have visited The Huddle every day for interesting stories that showcase the accomplishments of the UW Medicine community in patient care, education and research. Since the start of the pandemic, the website has also served as a vital news hub to keep you informed about our response to COVID-19.
Today, I’m happy to announce the launch of a fully redesigned Huddle website with streamlined menus, clear navigation and a responsive layout optimized for mobile users. I believe these changes will meet the growing needs of our organization for information sharing and will improve your experience on the website.
Other highlights include:
- An improved COVID-19 update page with a worldwide statistics tracker, easy-to-find links to essential resources and a video gallery.
- An Employee Spotlight section to showcase stories about our colleagues.
- A UW Medicine in the Media section and archive page that highlights our media stories.
- A page dedicated to the UW Medicine Town Hall, where you can find the archived recordings.
- A Video Spotlight section featuring content from the UW Medicine YouTube channel.
- An improved event calendar that allows you to view events by month or day.
We created The Huddle originally to build community by connecting employees wherever they work in UW Medicine. The goal of the new site is to be even more valuable as a source of pride in our mission to improve the health of the public.
Paul G. Ramsey, MD
CEO, UW Medicine
Executive Vice President for Medical Affairs and
Dean of the School of Medicine,
University of Washington